Source: CDC, 2020.
Author: JoAnn O’Toole, RN, BSN
Contact hours: 2
Expiration date: December 31, 2020
Course price: $10*
*This course is free. Please use code COV19 on payment page to bypass payment.
**This course is updated daily.
Note: For all sorts of good articles and information on COVID-19 for healthcare professionals, check out our COVID Blog: Go to COVID Blog >>>
Infection Special: Control, Prevention, Bloodborne Pathogens, SARS, and Flu. 15 contact hours, $29. Go to Infection Special >>>
The appearance of the novel COVID-19 virus in Wuhan, China has made international headlines as it spread rapidly through that country and then to the rest of the world. The virus is currently the deadliest disease in the U.S., killing more people each day than cancer or heart disease.
This course presents the history of the new coronavirus, its swift movement into other countries and its evolution into a global pandemic. Through illustrations, discussions and daily updates, we present the novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV), how it has burst upon the scene, and what's being done to prevent its spread.
This course has been approved for Case Managers by the Commission on Case Manager Certification (CCMC) for 2 contact hours. Activity code: H00041717; Approval code: 200136627.
- Target Audience: Occupational Therapists, OTAs
- Instructional Level: Introductory
- Content Focus: Category 1—Domain of OT, Client Factors
Criteria for Successful Completion
A score of 80% or higher on the post test, a completed evaluation form, and payment where required. No partial credit will be awarded.
- Discuss the origin of COVID-19.
- Discuss 3 ways in which COVID-19 spreads.
- Identify 6 symptoms of COVID-19 infection.
- Discuss the 6 public health measures used to stop the SARS outbreak.
- Describe 3 preventive measures undertaken by the United States in the weeks following the outbreak.
- Identify 4 ways healthcare personnel can protect themselves and others from exposure to the virus.
- Explain how COVID-19 became a pandemic.