This course fulfills the requirement for coursework in jurisprudence and ethics for Texas nurses.
Author: Susan Walters Schmid, PhD
Contact hours: 2
Expiration date: October 1, 2022
Course price: $19
This course covers legal and ethical issues for Texas nurses. It includes a historical look at the recognition of nursing as a profession and the Texas Nurse Practice Act, the Texas Board of Nursing Rules, and the Texas Statutes and Administrative Code as it relates to nursing.
Criteria for Successful Completion
A score of 80% or higher on the post test, a completed evaluation form, and payment where required. No partial credit will be awarded.
When you finish this course you will be able to:
- Explain how the Texas Nursing Practice Act came about.
- Discuss the provisions of the Texas Statutes and the Administrative Code.
- Explain Texas Board of Nursing (BON) Rules, especially Rule §217.11, Standards of Nursing Practice.
- Describe Texas BON Position Statements and their purpose.
- State the six Principles of Bioethics.
- Define professional boundaries and their potential threats.